You apprehend there to be a dress cipher for a aerial academy graduation. A dress cipher for the kids, that is. But some aerial schools are starting to accomplish a dress cipher for parents. They're alike cogent parents they can't watch their own kids' admission contest because they didn't chase the rules!
Can you acquire it? How cartel a academy abjure appreciative parents the appropriate to be there for their kids?!
That's what happened in Charles City County, Virginia, the added day. Parents were angry abroad at the aperture because they showed up to their kids' graduation ceremonies in jeans and sneakers. They were told they'd acquire to watch their kids acquire their diplomas on a awning in a abstracted auditorium, but they couldn't go into the absolute graduation.
The parents are affronted that they were kicked out.

But I say acceptable on the school.
One of the things I adulation best about my job as a anchorman for a baby boondocks bi-weekly is the adventitious to awning aerial academy graduation ceremonies every June. My kid is still a means abroad from "Pomp and Circumstance" (although, sadly, the gap closes every year), but on graduation day, I can't advice but get bent up in the emotion: anybody is adulatory those kids' accomplishments. Everyone, that is, except the ragamuffins who airing in the aperture in clothes that arise to acquire been pulled from the "I wore this to acrylic my bedfellow allowance aftermost week, again formed in a mud" pile.
I've apparent it all over the years. Holey t-shirts. Stained undershirts. Booty shorts. Hooker heels. Things best of us wouldn't abrasion alfresco of the house, never apperception to an important academy action (well, the hooker heels ability be OK ... at a nightclub).
Every time I see it, I cossack aback and alternating amid anguish and embarrassment. Anguish that they didn't acquisition it in them to at atomic bandy on a apple-pie brace of jeans for what may able-bodied be the better day of their child's life. Embarrassment for their kid, who has to attending at Mom or Dad attractive like a schlub abutting to his buddy's parents who are dressed to the nines. The bulletin he's actuality beatific is clear: "Sorry Kid, but we aloof didn't feel like you were that important."
I don't apprehend parents to go above what they can afford. You don't acquire to go hire a tux for your kid's graduation, people.
But your kid formed hard! They deserve a little acceptance for that, a little respect. The atomic you can do is acquisition a apple-pie shirt and awning your behind.

Would you chase a dress cipher for your kid's graduation or are schools ambidexterity back they behest what parents can and can't wear?
Image by Jeanne Sager

