Guy dressed like a girl - YouTube | I Like To Dress As A GirlI Like To Dress As A Girl
Singer-songwriter Sophie Auster loves a acceptable suit. “It makes me feel added powerful,” she says. Her androgynous appearance matches the cabaret artful of her music. Fellow suit-wearer Marlene Dietrich is one inspiration, admitting she’s additionally been compared to Fiona Apple.
["388.97"]
Campus Fashion | Ka Mana'o | I Like To Dress As A GirlFor Dior, though, Auster will accomplish an exception. Aback I entered her allowance at the Bowery Hotel on Wednesday, she was prepping for the brand’s anniversary Guggenheim Gala Pre-Party in continued red skirt, red heels, and red lipstick. Architecture artisan Gina Daddona was across-the-board DiorBlush in “My Rose” assimilate her cheeks as music from the Talking Heads sifted through the room. Moody vibes? This charge be the place.
The Brooklyn built-in — babe of writers Paul Auster and Siri Hustvedt — says she usually wears “little to no makeup,” but aftermost night she had on a bright begrimed eye from Dior’s Hypnotize palette. It was added of an onstage look, she said — the affectionate she’d try “when I appetite to angle out.”
Auster, who has two albums abaft her, has been spotlighted as one of W Magazine’s ascent stars and featured in T magazine. She’s consistently been an original, she told me: “I was one of those kids who didn’t like trends aback they were happening. ” This has agitated over to her developed life. She hasn’t alike appear abreast the new Taylor Swift anthology (“I’m acquiescently apprenticed aback it comes to the T-Swifters”), and her cabaret-like music stands afar from what so abounding added abreast artists are doing.
For the accomplished two years, Auster has been autograph songs for a new record, Abutting Time, with the Swedish-based Grammy-winning ambassador Tore Johansson. It will appear out ancient abutting year. The Cut sat bottomward with her to altercate her androgynous date style, the adorableness artefact she was sucked into affairs on Instagram, and Anna Karenina.
["388"]
Wantage und Anderes: I'm dressed like a girl | I Like To Dress As A GirlWho’s your artist appearance icon?I would say my appearance figure for assuming is Marlene Dietrich, because of her suits. She sang, but she’s not absolutely categorized as a musician. Aback I perform, I consistently abrasion suits. And I adulation that affectionate of androgynous feel. It makes me feel added able than, say, assuming in a dress or a skirt.
When did you aboriginal ascertain her?I anticipate as a kid. I started cutting apparel appealing regularly, like as a uniform, about bristles years ago. I was aggravating to acquisition a appearance for myself, absolutely — a attending that fit the music I was doing. I approved a agglomeration of things out. I went affectionate of punk-rock, which absolutely doesn’t assignment with the blazon of music I’m making. You know: ripped jeans, and T-shirts and a lot of eye makeup, but that didn’t absolutely work. Again I approved beautiful little dresses, but I acquainted too feminine. And again about characterless outfits: actual simple, not abundant activity on. And again I anticipation that if I wore actual tailored apparel onstage, it would accomplish a acceptable statement. And I never looked back! You can consistently anticipate of air-conditioned new apparel to get. Zadig & Voltaire makes a lot of air-conditioned suits.
What’s your caliginosity skin-care routine?It’s gotten actual austere as I’ve gotten older, actually. I consistently ablution my face, appear hell or aerial water. The accuracy is that I’ve become one of those bodies that gets sucked into announcement on Instagram. I saw this affair alleged the SiO SkinPad that’s declared to anticipate wrinkles. You put it on your face and it sticks in the moisture. I’ve been activity to beddy-bye with this crazy bits on my face. My admirer leans over and is like, “Oh my god, what is on your face?” and I’m like, “Yeah, but in the morning, I’m activity to attending so amazing.” I anticipate it works. And if it doesn’t work, I’m accepting a actual acceptable placebo effect.
What’s your best adorableness ambush and who accomplished you it?We’re not too careful in my family. The women in my ancestors are appealing low-key. The best ambush I did for myself is to abdicate smoking. I anticipate the best admonition is not too abundant sun, and don’t smoke.
["2374.56"]What do you anticipate of the byword “self-care” and what do you do for it?We are our own affliction critics. I anticipate in those moments, I try to booty a footfall aback and do article as simple as demography a walk, or aperture article up that inspires me.This sounds a little corny, but if I’m activity affectionate of upset, I’ll about-face to article that’s alarming to me, like a admired book or a admired poem. It area me aback into activity bigger about myself.
What’s your admired book?A book that fabricated an appulse on me was Anna Karenina. I adulation old Russian classics. Turgenev, and Crime and Punishment, and all this shit, I admire it.
Okay, acceleration annular …
What’s your accepted admired affair to watch on Netflix?Alias Grace. The Margaret Atwood adaptation, done by Sarah Polley. I was abroad in Denver arena a show, and I binge-watched the absolute thing.
["614.98"]
I would be more worried if she came home drunk': Teenage girl's ... | I Like To Dress As A GirlFavorite way to be comfortable this winter?Red wine and food, I would say, is a acceptable way to be cozy. Throw some amber in there, and you don’t alike charge sex.
Are bodies afraid to sing about you?When bodies sing about me, they’re usually drunk. I anticipate their fears and inhibitions accept gone out the window. It’s usually some karaoke bar, and I’m usually accepting the mic taken abroad from me.
What’s your admired guilty-pleasure song?I was on Spotify and begin this babe alleged Dagny, she’s Norwegian, and she has song alleged “Love You Like That.” I was attractive for a active playlist, and it’s a acceptable song to run to. It’s an ear worm.
As a New Yorker, what’s your admired area for assuming in New York?I anticipate the Bowery Ballroom is absolutely great. The Highline Ballroom is additionally absolutely fun. Bodies are actual alert and rapt.
["597.52"]Hair up or bottomward onstage?Either two buns on the abandon and up. Or down.
Related Articles
["717.8"]
The One Thing We Need To See In Plus Size Fashion In 2016 | I Like To Dress As A Girl["443.29"]
["388"]